Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Monday, June 1, 2009

Not Me! Monday: Anniversary Edition



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

*
Today is NOT my 7th wedding anniversary! I can NOT believe it has really been 7 seven years.


I did NOT forget to take a picture before we left to go to dinner, and I also did NOT take my camera with me. I would never forget to document a special occasion....especially now that I have a nice camera to take pictures with.

Jason and I did NOT celebrate our anniversary by going out to dinner here. We did NOT spend an outrageous amount of money just a little extra on dinner to make it special. It was SO NOT worth it to eat dinner in a restaurant with no kid menus, booster seats, crayons, or actual screaming kids!

We did NOT eat salad, steak, baked potatoes, and broccoli! And it was NOT SUPER yummy! We also did NOT share an awesome dessert of Chocolate Mouse Cheesecake with a cute little sparkler on top to make it special!

After dinner, we did NOT turn into complete lame-o's and go to Micheal's and Target! We are way more interesting than that! We would never spend our anniversary {well not really, because it is actually today} shopping for VBS stuff and shorts for the boys!

I did NOT get a beautiful china cabinet for my anniversary gift. We did NOT buy it at the "outlet" furniture story for less than half the price of the one in the real store! I did NOT finally get to take all of my nice wedding china out of the boxes and put it into my china cabinet after only 7 years!

This is NOT the only picture of our wedding that I have on the computer.


I am NOT just posting it because I am too lazy busy to figure out how the scanner works. I am NOT considering asking Jason to help me with the scanner so I can post some more old pictures of us later today!

I am NOT going to spend my anniversary at Vacation Bible School running after a bunch of screaming preschoolers all day!



Pin It!

19 comments:

Mandy T said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Shasta said...

Aww, Happy Anniversary!! It sounds like a wonderful time and we are the same way, go somewhere nice to eat and then go shopping for the kids! Definitely done that before. Have fun at VBS!!

Carrie said...

LOL! Yay for VBS, though! What a beautiful picture...I don't have any on our computer...and don't know how to use the scanner, or know even where it is!

Mmmmm...that steak looked scrumptious! I have never eaten there, but know the price...so worth it! Our 10th anniversary is this July. We'll be in FL, so that will be nice. There is a restaurant there we always go to when we're there, because we're always there on our anniversary! can't wait! Happy Anniversary!!! {Target is the best place to go for a night out! hee hee!}

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!!! It is really nice to go eat when there are NO! kids in the restrauant.
Hope you have a great day & week @ VBS. I hate that I am not going to be there this week.

Heidi Boos said...

Happy Anniversary, Kelli! I'm so glad that you were able to spend some time together at dinner to celebrate (without kids!) The small chances we get to go out on a date, we usually find ourselves at Target, Costco or the grocery store...gotta love those "practical" stops.

Have fun at VBS! I can't wait for my kids to be old enough to attend. This was a favorite of mine growing up!

{Kimber} said...

Happy Anniversary! Mine is tomorrow :)

Anonymous said...

awww...happy anniversary!

Foursons said...

Happy Anniversary! I don't know how to scan in either and it drives me nuts!

Kelli said...

How fun...and Ruth's Chris, yum, yum. Happy Anniversary.

Emily said...

Fun! Happy Anniversary! You were a beautiful bride!

Jennifer W. said...

Happy Anniversary!! If I had known, I would have told you at Bible School! We've never been to Ruth's Chris but know how expensive it is...was it worth the money?? I hope y'all had a great night out-and don't feel too bad-we usually end up somewhere lame too!!
Jen

Tracy said...

Happy Anniversary. I can't believe it has already been 7 years. Times flies. I'm glad to hear that you had a good time on your anniversary date.

LucieP said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
I am waiting to go to the Melting Pot for our next adult night! Now I just need to find out when that will happen!!!

I hate it when I don't feel like taking pictures...I usually feel bad later...usually...

Musings of the Mrs. said...

Happy anniversary. I found you at McMamas. And now I am craving a steak. Yum!

Erin Parker said...

Happy Anniversary! Mmmmm....steak....baked potato...my mouth is watering. Seriously. It's watering. The wedding pic is beautiful!

He & Me + 3 said...

Happy Anniversary. You were a beautiful bride!

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a great date night! I would SO do the same thing & go shopping for the kids afterwards! :)

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Happy Late Anniversary! What a beautiful bride!
My husband and I nearly always include a trip to Target in our dates. Funny how things change when you factor kids into the equation!

Clair said...

Hey, happy (belated) anniversary! seven years thats pretty good going. We always end up doing stupid things for anniversarys too (IKEA anyone?)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...